What role does your website content play in its SEO?
November 11, 2017
One question that every website developer and SEO expert has asked themselves is: how important is the website’s content for its SEO? More importantly, what types of content can help to boost the website’s SEO ranking. All these questions are answered in this blog by Above Bits.
What is SEO Content?
Any unique content on your website in the form of blog posts, news, articles, whitepapers, case studies, and other genres are considered SEO content. All such content is crawled by search engines and helps them determine your website’s rank for different keywords.
How is SEO Content Written?
There is no hard and fast rule. Google’s conditions about SEO content have changed considerably over time. However, there are some general guidelines to follow to ensure your content is optimized for search engines:
- The content must be unique and plagiarism-free.
- It must be of high quality.
- Content must be useful to the visitor completely. It must not have any redundant or repetitive areas with no meanings.
- Each part of the content must have a proper place on the website.
- I prefer the content length to be over 1000 words.
- The tone of the content must be engaging and should be very consistent. If you are writing formal content, keep it formal throughout. On the other hand, causal content must remain causal without constant shifts to sheer formality.
- The content must be well-formatted. It must have subheadings and proper paragraphs. Additionally, it is important to use lists and bullets where they fit into the content.
- Keyword insertion is extremely important. It would help if you made Google realize what your content is focusing on by using such keywords.
- There must be links in the content. These include both inbound and outbound links. Also, other content must link to your content as well.
- Alternate Text of the images must be meaningful and make the content more understandable for the search engine.
Why is Content Important?
Without content, your website is completely clueless about its direction. As such, some common mistakes must be avoided to ensure that the content can help with your website’s ranking:
- Avoid using too many keywords. Remain focused. Too many keywords can confuse the search engine regarding the focus of your content. Similarly, excessive keywords can also make your content broken and incomprehensive.
- Target the right keywords only. Using the wrong keywords that do not relate to the content fully is an added issue in SEO
- NEVER use duplicate content. Contents that are generated through bot generation systems are useless and can damage your SEO permanently.
- Always put SEO Title Tags and Meta Descriptions in the content to make it more meaningful for the SEO. These are the tags that help the search engine determine what the content is referring to.
Additionally, your content is the prime area of linking for your website. Avoid linking poorly, or you may face long-term issues with website ranking.
Let us know if you have any more questions. We are here to help you out.