Above Bits LLC is committed to safeguarding the personal information which you may provide to us and to the extent that Above Bits LLC collects any personal information, Above Bits LLC will hold it in confidence in accordance with US Law.
Information we collect from you
The Above Bits LLC site collects both behavioral data (information about how you use our site); and technical data (information about the device you use to access our site). Above Bits LLC uses the Google Analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to collect this data.
Examples of behavioral data collected:
- Pages visited
- Length of time spent on each page
- The referring site from which you visited
Examples of technical data collected:
- Your web browser type and version
- Your device type and operating system
The site does not collect any data that makes you personally identifiable. The information obtained via Google Analytics is anonymized and cannot be attributed to any one individual. Google Analytics is set to retain data for a duration of 38 months.
Google provides a method to opt out of their Google Analytics service completely. Opting out will prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data from any site that uses their service.
Why we collect this Information
This information provides us with a better understanding of how our site is being used. This understanding informs any improvements we undertake and ensures that the site and its content continue to best serve the needs of our visitors.
How we keep data safe
Above Bits LLC adheres to the following practices to help keep the data that we process safe:
- We encrypt and protect the transmission of information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We host our site and its contents with Linode.com on a secure server within the US.
- We limit server access by Internet Protocol (IP) address to only those that require it.
- We have a server firewall in place that permits only standard inbound internet traffic – HTTP, HTTPS & SSH (restricted by IP).
- We control and regulate access to our Above Bits LLC data files and email accounts.
- We enforce strong passwords and 2 factor authentication (2FA) wherever possible.
Above Bits LLC does not collect or compile personal data or information obtained through the Website for dissemination or sale to outside parties.
We may share your personal information with third party organizations:
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with;
- Companies within the Above Bits strategic alliance;
- Organizations that introduce you to us;
- Independent Financial Advisors, or other regulated entities or parties involved in the management of your relationship with Above Bits LLC; or
- Companies you ask us to share your data with.
- We require all third parties with whom we share your personal information to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow such third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Contact Above Bits representative for any questions.